What to Ask
It is also important to get the most out of your exams. We have provided a list of questions for you to ask at your next eye exam, or before the exam if necessary, to avoid any misunderstandings. We hope this was helpful to you, and that the information contained in our EyeGlass Guide 2.0 will help facilitate a thorough and informed conversation between you and your optician.
Questions to ask before your eye exam…
- What is the purpose of the exam?
- How long will the exam take?
- What type of tests will be performed during the exam?
- Will dilation be necessary and will it affect my vision for a period of time?
- Will a written prescription for glasses or contact lenses be provided?
- How often should I schedule a comprehensive eye exam?
- Are there any special instructions or precautions I need to take before the exam?
- What is the cost of the exam and are there any discounts or insurance options available?
- Are there any other services available, such as fittings for contacts or frames for glasses?
- How will my personal information and test results be stored and protected?
Questions to ask at your eye exam…
- Can you explain the results of my eye test and any potential vision or eye health issues?
- Do I need glasses or contact lenses and what is the best option for me?
- Are there any lifestyle or environmental factors that could be affecting my vision or eye health?
- Are there any treatments available for any conditions or issues found during the exam?
- What steps can I take to protect and maintain my eye health?
- Are there any warning signs I should look out for that indicate a potential problem with my vision or eye health?
- Can you recommend any specific brands or types of glasses or contact lenses?
- How often should I schedule follow-up appointments or exams?
- Are there any resources or materials available that can help me learn more about my eye health and vision?
- Are there any restrictions on physical activities or work that I should be aware of after my exam?